Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Once Upon A .... Sketch

I found this cool sketch site and i think is quite interesting to join....Once Upon A...Sketch.

The founder.... which i think quite number of us know her...Nadia Cannizzo has started this sketch site that somehow reminds me again how much important to do your journalling. We tend to omit the most important elements in our layouts...the journalling part. We are much more interested in pretty embellishment! Do you agree with me? I know some of us doesn't want to journal because their handwriting is not that nice, and they feel that it will ruined the beauty of the layouts. Heck it ladies....it is your layout....your creations. We scrap our photos so that we can show it to our next generations..but if we omit this important elements...unless we have super duper memories...are we able to remember the details let say 10 years from now?

So i took my first step , taking part in their sketch challenge..

Create a layout, card or any other project you can adapt this sketch to. If you are creating a card , off the page or altered project, the journalling criteria does not apply to you.
You can use the sketch and a quote instead.

Journalling criteria : Your journalling has to be HANDWRITTEN and at least 25 words long.

and here is the sketch for your inspiration


And this is my take


See ya

11 comments:

Blossom inch said...

love the sketch, love the layout...thanks for sharing.

Nadhrah Maidin said...

thanks babe

Sabrina said...

Hi Nadhrah!! You always have good composition in your layout, GREAT!! And I totally agree with you, journaling is the most important thing in an LO simply because it would make the page more meaningful. This is indeed a beautiful page, babe!! Love it!! :)

Helen Tilbury said...

Cute page - thanks for playing at OUAS!! Hope to see you coming back for more!!

Mazlina said...

ohhh love the photo.. so precious!!! :)) and yes, i am one of those lazy girls that do not journal.. i am not good with words! haha

Irma said...

I love how the photo captures an everyday moment, and your journaling says it perfectly!

Nadia Cannizzo said...

Hi! Thanks for joining us at Once Upon A...Sketch. This is a great take on the sketch..!LOve this! Really love what you have done here..Thank you for your kind words. Also, I was looking for a 'followers' gadget but there isnt one there ...:o)

{Ross} said...

This challenge has been wonderful for me because thanks to this I knew more faboulous scrappers in all the world! Will be very difficult understand what is more beautiful! I'm Italian when, sorry for my english, I hope that you understand me...Your page is very very magnific! Compliment and thank to play with us on Once Upon A Sketch!

KateB said...

love it....nice and neat and the best thing is the adorable picture!!!

Bente Fagerberg said...

Beautiful page Nadhrah! Good luck to you and thanks for visiting e recently!
Did you know that there is a new challenge that went live a couple of hours ago on OUAS? Hope you will play again!

BabyBokChoy said...

That sketch is beautiful and your interpretation is fantastic! There are time and places for product focused layouts, even I do one occasionally, but yeah, there's always a story to tell behind the photos if you ask me :)